Aloha and welcome to Taishoji Soto Mission!
- Taishoji is Hilo’s Zen Buddhist Temple.
- Founded in 1916, Taishoji remains a family-oriented Soto Zen temple with much tradition and history.
- Taishoji ‘s Private Services
Memorial Service, Funerals, Blessings, WeddingsTaishoji ‘s Anual Services and Events
- New Year’s Service/ Jizo Festival/ Dogen Zenji’s Birthday
- Nehan-E (Commemorating Buddha’s Death )/ 33 Kannon Pilgrimage
- Higan-E(Spring)/ Kannon (Kwan Yin) Service
- Hanamatsuri(Flower Festival-Commemorating Buddha’s birth)
- Memorial service for deceased past ministers
- July – August
- Bon Dance/ Hatsubon Service/ Toro Nagashi (Lantern service)
- Higan-E (Fall)/ Memorial Service for Dogen Zenji and Keizan Zenji
- Daruma-ki (Memorial Service for Bodhidharma)
- Keizan Zenji’s Birthday
- Jodo-E (Lord Buddha’s Enlightenment)/ Joya no Kane (New Year’s Eve Service)
- Taishoji ‘s Clubs & Activities
- 〇Sunday School/Family service
- 〇Fujin Kai
- 〇Busshin Kai
- 〇Zazen Kai
- 〇Taishoji Taiko
- 〇Boy Scouts Troop 95
- Taishoji has a variety of activities and festivals!
- Taishoji is able to interact with many people and will be your oasis.
- Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in the activities of Taishoji.
- We look forward to greeting you with warm Aloha!
- Taishoji Soto Mission
275 Kinoole Street Hilo Hawaii 96720